Monday, March 22, 2010

Scandinavian Beach House...

The owners of Ochre in NYC have created a breezy, modern,
and comfortable beach house. The Shelter Island home
features this wonderful living room with unfinished oak floors,
whitewashed pine walls, and a blue painting by Leora Armstrong.
The Snooze Sofa is from Ochre.
I love this coconut-shard mirror — also from Ochre.
A map of Shelter Island hangs above a painted cupboard.
1949 wishbone chairs are in soaped Danish ash from
Carl Hansen & Son. Moth photograph by Joseph Scheer
The family room showcases a Jonathan Adler sofa
covered in soft blue de Le Cuona linen.
______________

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic blog! Will be following. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From someone with such a lovely blog as yourself, your compliment is especially flattering and nice to hear. Thanks for following. I have added Moth Design to my "Links I Like" list and look forward to visiting often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also wanted to let you know I'll be updating the tues. post with sarah's house images every week for my american friends who can't view. I worked with Sarah when I lived in Toronto- she's a gem. (hence my loyalty)
    Thanks for the lovely compliment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Jonathan Adler, that morror is very cool.

    ReplyDelete